What is a motion security light?
A light that is activated or deactivated, or adjusts its brightness automatically by sensing motion. These types of lights are very much effective in the backyard and garages.
Defiant 180 Degree’s Motion Security Light
This Light provides you the light equivalent of 150 Watt, with a set of LED bulbs. These lights are adjustable by hand and have a built-in motion sensor with them. The lights are independently rotatable and can be adjusted as your need.
- When you install it
- This setting will let the light stay on for 1, 5, 0r 10 minutes after detecting the motion
- Low, Medium, High settings
- Dusk to Dawn
When sunsets light goes on at normal brightness level and goes to full brightness after according to the time settings you made.
- 6/3 Hour Mode
When the sun goes down the light goes on at half brightness mode for 6/3 hours and then shuts down and activates only when senses motion. Using OFF mode you direct the light to on only when the motion sensor senses something.
Installation of the light is very easy. The light comes with a plate. Attach the plate with a bracket provided to the wall and it’s all done.
How to reset motion sensor light?
Sometimes it happens after a long time that motion light stops sensing or see fewer senses than usual, if you are facing this problem you can then reset the light
If your light is wired to a wall switch then follow the given steps.
- Turn the switch to “ON”, then put it in the “OFF” position for 2 to 3 seconds. Now turn the switch on and check the light. If it’s still not working properly then
- Turn the switch ON and OFF quickly, when lights turn on then make turn switch to the OFF position, after 5 to 7 seconds turn the switch ON again this will reset the light.
- If these methods do not work head towards the circuit breaker section turn off the breaker that is controlling your light and turn it back on after a couple of minutes.
If you are still having trouble then maybe it’s time to change the light.
Why does my security light don’t turns off?
There are several problems that might affect the light some of them are:
- The duration settings you set are too high, recheck the settings and set the light accordingly.
- The sensitivity level is too high, if you have set up the light with a sensitivity level too high it will light up even after detecting a small motion so try to adjust it accordingly.
- Restart the light, these types of light have a built-in function to override settings this leads the light to stay bright for a long time, this can be corrected by switching the light on and then off within 3 seconds.
- Defective Piece, sometimes the light itself is defective you will need to replace it in order to make it work properly.
These are the possible reason for your question “Why does my security light stay on all the time?”