The H.264 system is capable of using with almost every CCTV system. It allows more data to be stored in its two hard drives.
Why does H.264 DVR keep rebooting? How to fix DVR that keeps on rebooting?
This article will tell you what to do if your DVR (Digital Video Recorder) keeps rebooting.
There are few reasons for which it may happen first verify these:
- Change your power outlet (Try to plug into a different socket)
- Check whether you are using the correct power supply cables?
If the DVR is still rebooting, turn off the Recorder and disconnect the camera from the back.
“When you unplug the camera, nothing is recording in DVR; this helps determine if the problem is in the hard drive or the operating system.”
Now, turn on the Recorder if it is not rebooting now; this indicates an issue with the hard drive; if it is still rebooting, there might be an issue with the operating system.
If your Recorder is still rebooting with the cameras unplugged. Follow these steps:
- Disconnect all cables from the Recorder
- Open the casing of Recorder
- Disconnect the lines from the hard drive
- Plugin the wires again and examine if the router is being rebooted or not
If the router is no longer rebooting with the hard drive disconnected, Follow these steps
Using monitor, reset the system to default.
- Log in to the system
- Select settings menu
- Select Default
- Select Factory default
- Apply the settings
- Turn the Recorder back off
- Disconnect all power cables
- Remove the casing
- Plug the hard drive back in
- Now put back the casing
- Plugin power, mouse, and monitor back into the Recorder.
- Turn on the Recorder
- If the router is no longer rebooting, please format the hard drive
“The hard drive is not required for the system to function. However, DVR will not record video footage without the hard drive connected as there is no storage location, which ensures that there is no setting that is causing the reboot concern.”
“Please be aware, setting the Recorder to default will eliminate all the settings configured n the system but will not erase any video footage that is successfully recorded.”
How to format the hard drive
- Access the main menu
- Access the settings select the storage
- Under HDD manager, select the hard drive
- Select Format